Doctor Who Space Museum/The Chase Box Set
6 May 2010
The First Doctor sees a terrifying glimpse of his own future and is pursued through all eternity by the deadly Daleks in these two classic adventures from 1965.
The TARDIS lands on the planet Xeros, where a vast museum houses a collection of relics from the galactic conquests of the mighty Morok Empire. Whilst they are exploring, the Doctor and his companions make a disturbing discovery: their future selves are preserved in the museum as exhibits in a display case! Now the time travellers face a terrible dilemma: how can they escape their fate, when every decision they make could be taking them a step closer to their doom?
- Audio Commentary
- Doctor Who writer Robert Shearman provides a personal and robust defence of this often overlooked story
- My Grandfather, the Doctor: Jessica Carney talks about the career of her grandfather, William Hartnell
- Photo Gallery
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality.
When the Doctor and his companions discover that a group of time-travelling Daleks have orders to exterminate them, a dangerous chase across time and space follows. To escape the Daleks, the TARDIS must travel from the desert planet Aridius to the top of the Empire State Building on Earth, and from a mysterious sailing ship to a haunted house. But there is an even greater danger waiting for the time travellers when they reach the planet Mechanus...
- Audio commentary
- Dalek designer Raymond Cusick visits the new series studios in Cardiff
- Richard Martin looks back at the making of the story. Last Stop White City The story of schoolteachers Barbara Wright and Ian Chesterton
- A look at the appeal of the Daleks
- Photo Gallery
- Easter Egg
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality